Рус Eng
+7 (495) 185 01 13 Moscow +7 (4012) 615 610 Kaliningrad

Igor Aznauryan

Position: Founder and Head of the system of Yasniy Vzor Children's Eye Clinics

University:Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi

Internship: Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi

Postgraduate study: : Department of Vision Protection for Children and Adolescents of the Moscow Helmholtz Research Institute of Eye Diseases.

PhD dissertation: "On the Tactics and Methods of Treatment of Concomitant Convergent Partially-Accommodative Strabismus in Children" under the guidance of honored scientist of the Russian Federation, founder of the children's ophthalmological school in Russia and the Soviet Union, Professor Eduard Avetisov

Doctoral dissertation: "The System of Restoring Visual Function in the case of Refractive and Strabismic Amblyopia in Children and Adolescents."

Professional activity

Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Academy of Medical and Technical Sciences of the Russian Federation, Pediatric Eye Surgeon, Pediatric Ophthalmologist.

Member of international ophthalmological organizations:

  • American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmologists and Strabismologists (AAPOS),
  • International Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Council (IPOSC),
  • European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS),
  • European Strabismological Association (ESA).

Winner of the Academician Svyatoslav Fedorov prize, A. Chizhevsky prize.

Awarded the orders "Pride of Russia," "Chizhevsky Star."

Author of more than 150 publications, including in foreign literature, more than 20 innovative proposals and inventions. Reviewer of the British Journal of Ophthalmology.

Scientific papers Public call

Has performed more than 20,000 surgical operations with a statistical efficiency of 95%. The remaining 5% of cases showed a significant improvement.

In 2009, the paper performed under his leadership and dedicated to the tactics of surgical treatment of paralytic strabismus was recognized as the best paper of the year at the international ophthalmological forum.

In 2015, he has translated into Russian the book by his American colleague, Burton J. Kushner, M.D., Professor of Ophthalmology named after John W. and Helen Doolittle, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, "Problems of the Oculomotor System in Children and Adults. The Key to Understanding."

In 2015, he was granted the highest award of the Academy of Medical and Technical Sciences, the Star of Chizhevsky order.

Reviewer of the British Journal of Ophthalmology.

President of the Association of Ophthalmologists-Strabismologists.

Director of the International Center for Accreditation of Ophthalmologists and Optometrists "Yasniy Vzor"


Return to the list